It's loud and it's, well it's loud, that's about the best way that I can describe the music on the album "Back Burner" by For the Fallen Dreams. This bands style is purely metalcore or possible deathcore, either way, it's a lot of loud, deep throated scream singing. Which when the lyrics are all being done by someone screaming at the top of their capacity, it makes knowing what's being said a little on the difficult side. That too me can both help and hurt a song because it's so hard to be able to belt out an actual tune when all the vocals are is screams.
"Back Burner" was not helped by having so much of the vocals done by someone screaming them out. Every now and then I like to listen to a song that will be full of energy, one that has enough volume to it that I want to thrash my head around and yell out myself, but only if it sounds good enough to do that. All I was hearing out of the vocals of For the Fallen Dreams was a lot of loud screaming and some loud, fast instruments being played. There's no real style to any of the songs being played ont his album. Nor is there any new sound being produced. All that is on this album is an annoying group of songs that I wasn't getting to like.
What also hurts this album is that I don't know what any of the songs are supposed to mean. With all the screaming and deep throated sound to the vocals I can understand what's being said 90% of the time. With the other 10%, well that's just the instruments being played and if the lyrics where taken out of these songs I would probably have enjoyed the songs. Typically I complain that there's not enough energy behind the songs but in this case there's a ton of it, which is the only good aspect that the songs has going for them. If the screaming wasn't so predominate in the songs, this would be an alright ablum to listen to, with all the screaming it's just a lot of noise that is hard to understand and even harder to get any enjoyment out of while listening to them.