Clear As Day is the perfect title for Scotty McCreery’s debut country album because this impressive collection of songs clearly and vividly captures who Scotty is as an artist and a young man.
America fell in love with Scotty in 2011 when he appeared on American Idol and immediately made a name for himself with his deep and undeniably country voice, strong sense of self, small-town roots, and unwavering integrity and conviction. In May, he won Season Ten of American Idol when a record-breaking 122.4 million votes were cast for the finale and nearly 39 million people tuned in to see the winner’s name announced.
1. On which social networking site are you most active?
2. Can you dance?
I wouldn’t call it dancing. I have two left feet.
3. The dumbest slang you have ever heard is...
4. Do you have a landline telephone?
Yep, I sure do.
5. What are you scared of?
I don’t like when things jump out at me. I can watch scary movies, but I don’t like when things pop out of nowhere...like hide behind doors.
6. The food you ordered came out wrong, do you send it back or make do?
I’m not too picky. Like if I order a burger and it comes with a bunch of stuff on it, I’ll just make do and pick it off.
7. What time do you usually go to bed?
8. Do you have any routine/ritual you do before performing?
I sometimes pretend like I’m boxing and punch the air to get myself pumped up. That, and I watch Sports Center.
9. You said you played "The Trouble With Girls" for your sister to see what she thought, do you test out alot of your music on friends & family for feedback?
I usually had an inkling of the songs I thought were good, but it’s always nice to get some feedback from others to see if they agree and hear their opinions.
10. How would you describe your album "Clear As Day"?
I feel like it’s a great album with a common theme of love. Whether it be romantic love or family love. I feel like it’s a very relatable record.