Go Back   Shakefire.com > MUSIC > Talk about MUSIC
Register FAQ Members List Calendar SFRadio Arcade Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Talk about MUSIC Bands, artists, concerts, CDs, Music DVDs, and everything else concerning the great music industry.

Old 08-08-2005, 12:24 AM
Part Otter, Part Freak

OtterFreak will become famous soon enough
Jaw Dropping Columbia House Music Club is no more...

I just got this e-mail tonight....

-----------------

We're contacting you to let you know that the Columbia House Music Club is officially closing its doors. Because you are such a valued customer, we are taking this opportunity to introduce you to BMG Music Service, where you can enjoy benefits similar to your Columbia House Music Club membership and more.

As a member of BMG Music Service, any remaining Columbia House Music Club purchase commitments that you might have will be waived. Plus, your Bonus Points will not be lost�they will be converted into BMG's Music Points. And to get you started, BMG will also give each Columbia House member enough additional Music Points for a FREE CD (a shipping and handling charge will be added to each selection).

As a member of BMG Music Service, you will also get:

The Greatest Selection Of Any Music Club
BMG Music Service has over 14,000 titles from every genre of music. Whether you're looking for current hits or landmark albums, new music is constantly being added to the Club.

The Convenience Of A "Paperless Club" Option
Choose an online membership and receive all of your Club promotions by email, instantly accept or decline your Featured Selection and, with BMG's Featured Selection Reminder service, you will never miss a reply-by date.
So watch your mailbox in September for details about your BMG Music Service membership and your first opportunity to start enjoying the Club's benefits.

If you have any questions regarding the upcoming changes to your membership, please visit the Columbia House Music Club Help Section or contact customer service by replying to this email. Please note that the last day to order from Columbia House Music Club's catalog and website will be August 22nd, 2005.

Thank you again for being a valued member of Columbia House Music Club, and as a music lover, we know you'll enjoy being a part of the BMG Music Service family.

Sincerely,

Your friends at Columbia House

P.S.-If you are also a Columbia House DVD Club member, your DVD membership will not be affected by this change. You will continue to receive your Columbia House DVD Club mailings as usual.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:01 AM
day by day

farrah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to farrah
Re: Columbia House Music Club is no more...

that sucsk ,but i haven't even bought music from there.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Shakefirian Inner Circle

blupun is on a distinguished road

WOW!!!!

Yeah I have been a member but not recently--that is some news...but BMG does have a wider catalog than Columbia though on the bright side.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Enormous Member

Nicsmall is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nicsmall

I was a member of both, and then quit BMG and ignored Columbia House. Why would you bother just switching to BMG, when you could join them and get all the free ones again? Whoopee doo that you get a free CD in the switch...Since I completed my CH requirements, I'd rather get 12, or however many their current promotion is, free.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:50 PM
Still Hates Bush

SFjohnny is on a distinguished road

haha, I think I still owe them $2.00 for shipping form like 7 years ago, does this mean I'll stop getting the mail?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:19 PM
day by day

farrah is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to farrah

i think it just adds up as a bill, i did one of those and i know owe about 50 dollars.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Big Member

thepsychicclam is on a distinguished road

That really sucks! They had some pretty good sales from time to time, especially when they did the "no shipping" thing. But I hadn't bought anything from them in forever because their catalogue kinda sucked. They didn't have so many artists, and had v. littly rare stuff. But, unlike the DVD club, they didn't do the automatic sending of the director's selection.

Ah well.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Tiny Member

moviegurl is on a distinguished road
ShakefireKids.com Re: Columbia House Music Club is no more...

With iPods , downloads from your PC, CD-R, and such, Columbia House could not compete. I personally would get the 12 for 1 penny, fullfill my obligation and then cancel. Then I would wait a couple of months and do it again. Most of my music was aquired that way and I saved hundreds of $$$$$. When I heard of BMG, I joined and did the same thing. It is totally legal. I tend to think that they both provide about the same services anyway.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 AM
karaokedeva

karaokedeva will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to karaokedeva

I always got my cd's from Best-buy & Wally World..